Throughout this difficult period, we will continue to try to deliver the highest quality service.
However, there will clearly be restrictions on some aspects of what we and you might consider ‘normal’.
The main difference will be the frequency and duration of face-to-face meetings in the office and away from the office; the availability of any such meetings are subject to risk assessment.
Update - 19th July 2021
With the lifting of all mandated requirements we will continue to work in a risk assessed way; always erring on the side of caution.
Appointments at our office
In terms of appointments at the office, we will only be seeing one client (or set of clients) at a time and legal representatives will share their working time bewteen the office and home but will of course always attend the office for any client appointments that they have.
If an office-based meeting is arranged, until the pandemic has passed, we will be implementing the following protocol:
- All appointments should be arranged as far in advance as possible;
- All appointments will be spaced at least 15 minutes apart and will ideally be no longer than 2 hours in duration;
- Before confirming the appointment, all clients will be asked to complete a Guile Nicholas Screening Form for Office Appointments;
- The above form must also be completed on the day of the appointment;
- Clients will be requested to arrive as punctually as possible to avoid uneccessary waiting in reception and appointments will usually have to end at the designated time if there is a following appointment;
- On arrival, clients will be invited to sanitise their hands;
- If clients do not have their own face covering, they will be given a mask – this must be worn for the duration of the meeting;
- There should be no shaking of hands, social distancing (1m plus) should be maintained as much as possible and there should be no ‘sharing’ of stationery;
- After each attendance our staff will wipe down all surfaces/pens with antiseptic wipes and wash their hands immediately afterwards.
Please rest assured that an equally rigorous protocol will be followed by the legal representative you will be meeting with.
Appointments away from the office
All such appointments will be individually risk assessed and acted on accordingly – much of the above (in terms of screening and sanitisation) will apply.
Remote appointments by video conferencing or telephone
This continues to be an effective and efficient method of communication, taking instructions and giving advice.
Currently we are using Microsoft Teams and Zoom for video conferencing. Clients are free to express a preference for either platform.
In terms of contacting your legal representative, all our staff can be contacted directly via the main office number or work mobile where applicabale.
We thank you for your understanding in these challenging times.