Court of Protection
** COVID-19 direct contact number - 020 8492 2705 **
The Court of Protection is a specialist court for all issues relating to adults who lack capacity to make specific decisions. The work of the Court of Protection has expanded significantly in recent years and more and more people are finding that they need specialist advice in this area.
We all have family members who, at some stage of their lives, may need someone else to take decisions for them, be that deciding where they live, how their care should be arranged, or managing their finances.
We know how important it is to listen to and understand our clients so we can find the best solution in the circumstances. We are sensitive to the issues involved, and we are knowledgeable and experienced in this area of law.
We can provide advice and representation at court, where necessary, in relation to issues surrounding:
- Best interests as regards welfare issues
- Property and financial matters
- Deprivation of liberty.
We are experienced in representing both family members and vulnerable individuals, usually through a litigation friend.
- NCC v PB and TB  EWCOP 14
- Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust v RC  EWCOP 1317
- HS (A Local Authority v HS  EWHC 2410 (COP)  MHLO 58
- In re NRA and others  EWCOP 59
- London Borough of Hackney v SJF & Anor  EWCOP 8 (12 March 2019)
- DCC and NLH (by his litigation friend the Official Solicitor)
- FT v MM and RM  EWHC 935 (Fam)
Are you eligible for Legal Aid?
You may be able to get financial assistance to help with your case.
To find out if you are eligible please visit the Legal Aid Checker