Head of Family (Public Law)
** COVID-19 direct mobile contact - 07392 189432 **
Jalpa is an associate solicitor and is the head of our Public Children Law Department. She is a member of Resolution and an Accredited Member of the Child Panel. She represents parents, children and grandparents involved in all types of public children law cases, including care proceedings, applications for emergency protection orders, special guardianship order proceedings and adoption proceedings.
Jalpa represents parents at pre-proceedings meetings (sometimes referred to as ‘Legal Gateway Meetings’) and provides advice to parents whose children are subject to Child Protection Plans.
Jalpa regularly represents clients in cases involving:-
- allegations of non-accidental injuries
- allegations of sexual and physical abuse to children
- complex medical issues
- allegations of domestic violence
- drug and alcohol issues
She is skilled at representing parents with learning difficulties and mental health issues and has experience in acting in cases where the Official Solicitor is invited to act on a parent’s behalf. She conducts her own advocacy in the vast majority of her cases, including complex final hearings.
Jalpa is also a skilled housing solicitor and has experience in all aspects of housing law. She has particular interest in anti-social behaviour matters.
Jalpa represents clients from all walks of life. Her approach is direct and to the point, her advice, firm and robust.
- Re H (A Child :Hair Strand Testing) 2017
- Haringey v M  EWCC B66 (Fam) (16 April 2014)
- Francis v Brent Housing Partnership Ltd & Ors  EWCA Civ 912 (29 July 2013)
- London Guildhall University – LLB (Hons)
- London Guildhall University – Legal Practice Course
- GN Law 2012 -
- Donald Galbraith & Co- 2009 -2012
- Duncan Lewis – 2002- 2009
- Qualified a Solicitor – 2007
- Law Society
- Accredited Member of the Children Panel.
- Member of Resolution
Jalpa is fluent in Gujarati
Personal Interests and Activities
In her free time (or when she is not representing clients in complex public law proceedings) she enjoys travelling, reading and eating.
What Clients Say
‘Direct, robust and sympathetic’