Direct Dial - 020 8492 2292
Luke is an Associate Solicitor who works predominantly in the actions against police team but also assists in the mental health team. He advises both clients who are eligible to receive legal aid as well as private clients.
Luke advises clients on all aspects of actions against police. This includes claims for assault, trespass, wrongful arrest/false imprisonment, malicious prosecution, misfeasance in a public office, judicial review, breaches against human rights and data protection claims. He also assists clients in making complaints to the police and assists in drafting appeals to the IPCC.
Luke also regularly represents clients at First-tier Tribunals (Mental Health) and Hospital Managers Hearings. He has represented clients at over 100 hearings.
Click here to see Luke's YouTube Videos
Click here for the Police Actions In Conversation series
- Queen Mary’s, University of London – Law LLB (2005-2008)
- Legal Practice Course – College of Law (2008 – 2009)
- GN Law 2010 -
Luke joined GN Law in 2010 as a paralegal and qualified as a solicitor in 2013
- Law Society Mental Health Accreditation Scheme
- How is your police force doing? Pave the way for the digital age; a 2016 update.
- Disclosure - Challenging a DBS Certificate. Video and Notes
- UK Police under-record 800,000 crimes per year ‹ News :: Guile Nicholas
- Loggerheads; police officers, complaint investigation officers and the IPCC ‹ News :: Guile Nicholas
- Trick or tweet? ‹ News :: Guile Nicholas
- Racism, the police and the complaints system – is it working? :: Guile Nicholas
Personal Interests and Activities
Luke enjoys football and plays 5-a side at Powerleague. He also attends church regularly and is a Kidschurch leader.
Luke’s favourite actors of all time are Rowan Atkinson and Edward Norton because he draws inspiration and enjoys watching how both actors throw themselves into their roles with meticulous detail. Luke has seen Rowan Atkinson perform live on stage at the theatre production Quartermaine’s Terms.
What Clients Say
- “Very good all round. Luke Cowles very good with more work to come”
- "Continue with your work becuase you'll be able to help alot of people."